— MY ROLE
Associate Product Manager
UI/ UX Designer
November 2021 – August 2022
— TOOLS USED
Balsamiq, Sketch, InVision
Jira Software, Confluence
Angular, TypeScript, Polymer, Docker, Jenkins, MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch, MinIO, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, ORACLE, PostgreSQL, IBM DB2, HELM, Kibana, Swagger, AWS- Serverless, EKS, CodeBuild, Lambda, CloudFront, RDS, CloudWatch, DynamoDB, S3, API Gateway, Kinesis Firehose
The challenge with global cross-border payments lies in navigating the complexities of diverse financial systems, currencies, and regulatory frameworks across different countries. Traditional payment methods often involve high fees, slow processing times, and limited transparency, leading to inefficiencies and obstacles for businesses seeking to engage in international transactions. Additionally, the lack of real-time tracking and exchange rate fluctuations can result in uncertainty and unexpected costs, hindering seamless global commerce.
By connecting businesses, liquidity providers, FX brokers, and payment institutions through a unified marketplace, VertoFX offers a streamlined and cost-effective solution for secure international payments. The advanced platform and API enable businesses of all sizes to access enterprise-grade cross-border payment, FX, and banking solutions with ease. With real-time tracking and complete transparency on exchange rates and fees, VertoFX empowers businesses to execute transactions confidently and efficiently.
Enhancing Global Financial Connectivity
I was primarily tasked with conducting user interviews and mocking up wireframes & visual designs for new features that were to be incorporated into the software. Additionally, my role went on to further encompass a little bit of product management. I was involved in numerous story pointing sessions and even had the opportunity to lead entire sprints as scrum master! Finally, I was also involved in product demos to the client at the end of every sprint where I walked the client through the features worked on in the sprint. My role mediated between understanding and jotting down client requirements, mocking up wireframes & visual designs and occasionally writing down product specifications.
drag the slider below!
the opportunity area
ORGANISATIONS + NEED + INSIGHT
organisations: making regular international transactions
need: robust cross-border transaction solutions
insight: to simplify global financial operations
Sending and receiving money across international borders has always been a hassle for organisations. Numerous fees and compliances hinder seamless and efficient transactions.
This is how we empowered organisations to unlock the potential of global finance.
This is how we streamlined cross-border payments, connected businesses with liquidity providers, FX brokers, and payment institutions through a unified marketplace.
• Efficiency is key in international trading. Our dashboard not only highlights the most traded currency pairs but also reveals the average time taken to complete transactions for each pair. Gain transparency into trade execution times and optimise your trading strategy for enhanced performance.
2) Upon clicking this button, a convenient overlay prompts you to fill in essential details including customer information, currency, amount, due date, and additional comments. Easily customise payment requests to suit your needs, ensuring accuracy and clarity.
3) Before finalising the payment link, take a moment to review. Our interface presents all the entered information in a clear and organised manner. Confirm accuracy with a quick glance, ensuring that every detail is in place for a smooth payment process.
We designed the onboarding process with a ridiculously user-centric approach, collecting only essential details like names, work emails and company specifics.
We made sure to only capture information required for compliance. This significantly increased user signs ups as we did not overwhelm the user with one too many questions and long, tedious forms to come onboard.
With a focus on efficiency and clear visual progress indicators, we ensured a quick, easy and rapid onboarding.
• By cutting out intermediaries and easily trading directly with other businesses, liquidity providers and banks, at competitive FX rates and no hidden fees, we made sure we provided the best rate, come rain or shine.
It was definitely challenging to navigate the fintech space, but, it was also rather exciting as I learnt something new and specific every week. Designing a system which enables you to send money abroad, sell & buy currencies across continents and much more comes with its own unique set of challenges.
• Sending money from one continent to another? Make sure to change the date format in the receiving country.
• RUB is no longer a mere verb, but the currency of a superpower which remits hundreds of thousands of dollars everyday.
• Tiny changes to UI such as obscuring or displaying information can have drastic legal/ compliance ramifications in various countries.
All of these and much more made me an extremely vigilant designer. An extremely accountable and responsible one. One who can justify every element and its subsequent placing in the UI.